Akrochem takes very seriously the threat of the Coronavirus, it’s effect on our employees, our customers and our vendors. We are doing everything in our power to reduce the risk of exposure to our staff and have come up with a contingency plan in order to meet the needs of our customers at this time.
The following are the steps we have implemented and will continue to implement until the virus subsides:
- Sales travel has been delayed, all customer contact is now virtual, either via web meeting or by phone.
- Staff that is able to work remotely has been relocated to assist in social distancing efforts.
- We will not be accepting any visitors to any of our facilities.
- Travel in between facilities will be restricted to only essential travel.
- The cleaning crew has been instructed to use disinfecting wipes on all commonly touched areas like microwaves, coffee pots, door handles, tables etc., multiple times every day.
- We ask that all employees frequently and thoroughly wash their hands and minimize any contact with coworkers.
- We will constantly monitor the CDC updates and recommendations and put the proper policies in place as recommended.
Also, it should be noted that Akrochem maintains appropriate inventories to service our customers even in times of crisis. At this point we are not experiencing any disruption of supply due to the Coronavirus and do not anticipate this being an issue. At Akrochem we take very seriously our responsibilities to our employees, customers and vendors. We will continue to do everything in our power to navigate this very difficult situation.
Jason R. Silver
President & Chief Executive Officer